Prague Jewish Quarter Tour
Tereza YOU like it
Looking for a Prague Jewish Quarter Tour that is authentic, honest and memorable? Let me walk you through the Jewish Quarter “Josefov”, part of Prague’s UNESCO World Heritage Site and present you to its striking monuments and memorials, standing both as a tribute to Prague’s rich Jewish heritage and a grieving reminder of its tragic past.
The Old New Synagogue | The Spanish Synagogue | Holocaust Memorial | Ancient Jewish Cemetery
What you will see and learn:
The Prague Jewish Quarter Tour takes place in the Prague’s Jewish Quarter which is among the most remarkable and well-preserved in Europe. You will see the Old New Synagogue built in 1270, which is the oldest active synagogue in Central Europe; the Pinkas Synagogue which became a memorial to Jews who did not survive the Holocaust, with almost 80.000 names of these victims inscribed on its walls; the beautiful Spanish Synagogue, remarkable for its specific architectural style; and the medieval Jewish Cemetery, where the oldest tombstone dates from 1439.
The Jews has constituted an important part of Prague’s population for more than 1000 years, the Jewish community took part in creating the very interesting history of Prague and the Czech Republic in the past.
You will learn quite a bit about the Jewish heritage, history of judaism and its impact on Prague throughout the centuries, both hard facts and interesting bits of information. I will also talk to you about whatever you want to know about Jewish traditions, feast days, and the life of the Jewish community today - what a typical day in a household of the Prague Jews looks like, what their habbits are, where are the differences and similarities to everyday life of Jews living in other parts of the world.
This tour is perfect for:
those interested in jewish heritage | history and architecture enthusiasts | those who seek a perfect private tour tailored to their needs and wishes
A few practical information:
Your hotel in Prague
You pay cash after the tour. I accept EUR and CZK.
Half a mile
We usually stop for a coffee and perhaps a beer or dinner afterwards to talk some more about whatever you might be interested in.
Depends whether you're a morning person or you prefer to sleep in. I'll adjust.
- a private tour with a certified and experienced local guide who knows Prague inside out and will show you the best places, tell you the most intriguing stories and make sure you enjoy Prague. Just the way you like it.
- an unforgettable 3 hours exploring jewish heritage in one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- my personal tips on what to do in Prague, where to eat, have fun or soak up the unique atmosphere.
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel
Optional extras: Jewish Museum and the Old New Synagogue – 480 CZK
Why explore Prague with me:
- I've already made over 7000 visitors fall in love with Prague.
- I'm a licenced guide who tutors others in an official training program for tour guides.
- I adjust the tour to your individual needs, wishes and interests.
- Feel like seeing or doing something you don't see here? Just let me know.
- I know every inch of Prague and I show you exactly those worth your attention
- I care and I share. Not just facts about Prague, but also my opinions, my personal experience living in Prague, my tips and recommendations.
- I will show you Prague all time favourites you dreamed about seeing with your own eyes.
- I'll share my beloved spots with you some of the off-the-beaten track places.